Kestrel provides a comprehensive range of technical services to our cement production and terminal clients. We support capital and maintenance projects, ranging from new technology feasibility studies to facility expansions. We understand and align with our clients’ priorities and strategic objectives, recognizing increased regulatory compliance challenges and changing market conditions require thoughtful planning in project investments and capable engineering partners.
We have extensive cement plant materials handling experience, from conveyance to metering services for sticky, highly-abrasive, aerated/floodable, explosive and hot materials. We have designed systems to store and convey limestone, clay, synthetic gypsum, coal, petroleum coke, hot clinker, cement kiln dust, cement and every other material in a cement plant. There are unique challenges in cement production and handling and our clients work with us based on our track record of success.
Our retrofit specialization makes us an ideal engineering partner for revamp projects. We have successfully executed projects in every area of cement plants and terminals, upgrading equipment, improving efficiency and developing creative, practical solutions to support operations. Whether as part of your team or leading a coordinated effort, we will deliver your project safely, meeting the budget, schedule and quality objectives reliably.
Kestrel’s cement experience includes the following systems and areas:
- Materials Handling Systems – Quarry Through Cement Loadout; Ship-to-Shore
- Truck and Rail Loading / Loadout Systems – Clinker, Coal, Cement, Additives
- Conventional and Alternative Fuel Systems – Gas, Coal / Coke, Tires, Oil
- Crushing and Grinding Circuit Systems – Quarry Crushing Through Finish Milling
- Preheater Systems
- Kiln Feed Systems – Dust Scoops
- Storage Systems – Stockpiles, Domes, Multi-Pack Silos
- Dust Collection Systems
- Burner Systems
- Conditioning Towers, Baghouses and Mercury Removal / Recovery Systems
- SNCR and Reagent / Additive Injection
- Utility Systems