We have an immediate need for a Project Coordinator in our Minneapolis/St Paul, MN office. We are looking for someone that extremely detail oriented, can work with minimal supervision and can manage multiple projects and tasks.
A test on MS Word at an expert level will be given for this position. Must take and pass a Word test to be considered for an interview.
Position reports to the Project Controls Manager. In the project structure, the position will collaborate with project managers and project engineers on assigned projects.
- Provide direct contribution to the daily management of document controls by identifying project requirements, establishing standard processes/policies locally, and performing quality reviews of overall communication and documentation processes related to the execution of projects.
- Provide administration and oversight of the document management systems related to project delivery utilizing Microsoft SharePoint. Set-up collaboration sites and establish systems and tools for document controls.
- Manage documentation during design, construction, commissioning and closeout phases of projects. Maintain project files in hard-copy and electronic retention systems as required and assist project team with the timely retrieval of documents and assembly requirements of internal and external audits.
- Write Document Control and Administrative Plans that becomes part of the Project Execution Plan and support project specific tasks and implement document control concepts as defined in the Project Execution Plan.
- Process and distribute communications and information flow such as project submittals, change orders, proposals, etc.
- Review drafts and finished documents and deliverables for proper grammar usage, style format, accuracy and consistency.
- Interface with management, fellow employees, clients, sub-consultants, etc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Provide reviews on engineering drawings and deliverables by providing auditing of documents for format and consistency.
- Provide office administrative support in arranging office meetings and conferences, on-boarding new employees, maintaining broad company administrative documents, developing meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills with experience in presenting to project management and subordinates.
- Associate degree, with a minimum 3-5 years related work experience preferred.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple tasks/projects with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical skills and communication.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proactive in supporting the goals and objectives of the company.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word. Must be able to manipulate data and perform high level tasks like auto table of contents formatting, working with headers and footers, bullets, etc. Must also be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working experience with navigating and using Microsoft SharePoint.
Certifications, Credentials, Licenses & Registrations
Email current resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com
We offer a full benefits package. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Company paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Supplemental Life & Dependent Life Insurance, and a Flexible Spending Account. We also offer a generous Paid Time Off program, 8 paid holidays, and overtime compensation for exempt staff.
Kestrel Engineering Group Inc. has a policy of conducting background checks and drug and alcohol testing for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
“Kestrel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.”
All Kestrel staff must have the legal right to work in the United States. Kestrel does not provide immigration or work visa sponsorship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made when possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Should also possess the following competencies: Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Develop alternative solutions; Keep emotions under control while under stressful situations; Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; present numerical data effectively and accurately; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment; work with integrity and ethically; follow the Company’s policies and procedures; prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; approach others in a tactful manner; accept responsibility for own actions; deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; be consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments on time; and ask for and offer help when needed.
Due to the nature of our work, all employees must be capable, eligible and willing to visit our clients at their industrial facilities. This entails a willingness and ability to travel, wear required personal protective equipment and to comply with our safety policies as well as those of our clients.
Drug & Alcohol Testing: Drug and alcohol screening will be completed by Kestrel at employment initiation and periodically thereafter as required to meet our client requirements. This testing is performed in accordance with state and federal requirements and as defined by client drug and alcohol testing requirements. Failure to pass a drug or alcohol test, refusing to submit to testing, and/or providing an adulterated or substituted sample, will be cause for termination where not contrary to law.
Background Checks: Background checks will be completed by Kestrel at employment initiation and periodically thereafter as required to meet our client requirements. The results of background checks will be kept confidential and will not be actionable unless they reveal information that would make the employee ineligible for client site access.
Travel Requirements: Kestrel employees must be willing and able to travel by driving or flying to client facilities and other Kestrel offices. In order for Kestrel employees to drive as a course of their employment they must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through Kestrel’s insurance provider. You must be willing and able to drive your own properly registered and insured vehicle. Any negative incidents such as speeding tickets or DUI’s could prevent an employee from being insurable as a driver of a Kestrel or rental vehicle. Must also meet all requirements to fly with commercial airlines without restriction.
Because Kestrel maintains strict adherence to company policies and procedures, for an individual to perform this job successfully, he/she must have the ability to speak, write and understand English. Ability to read, communicate, interpret, and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos, both electronically and in written form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to work and communicate well with others; work well under the pressure of ensuring that requirements and specifications are met; work with minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Kestrel employees, with reasonable accommodation, must be willing and able to independently enter, perform work within, and evacuate from all areas within the client’s site. Reasonable accommodations may be made when possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be willing and able to complete accurate and efficient field documentation in heavy industrial environment, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), may require physical ability to walk over uneven surfaces, work from elevated surfaces, and navigate around or climb on industrial equipment (i.e. climbing pipe racks, ladders, stairs, etc.) and related requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office work environment is generally quiet. The noise level at client sites is usually very loud. At client sites you may also be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, gases, airborne particles, confined spaces, and may occasionally be exposed to risk of electrical shock.